Hello, my bucket list friends ! Like a lot of people I love watching Netflix ! Netflix is pretty good when comes to making its own orignal content . I thought it would be fun to share with you my top five favorite Netflix original series but before we get into my top five list here are my honorable mentions .
1, Alexa and Katie – The reason that is show is not on my top five is because I have only watched a few episodes but I would already recommend watching this story of friendship, strength , and hope . This series follows teenagers Alexa and Katie as they prepare to take on the world of high school . Things are a bit complicated for the two best friends because Alexa has been battling cancer and Katie is one of the few people who know it .
2. Shot in the Dark – This show focuses on two things that I love , journalism and the city of LA. This series follows journalists as they work to capture footage to sell to news stations . This a very exciting show that keeps you wondering what is going to happen next .
3. Last Chance U – Some of you may know that I love to see people working towards their dreams and this show really captures that . The series focuses on a football team at a community college. The players struggle with a wide range of issues as they hope to be drafted by high-ranking college teams .
4, Girls incarcerated ( young and locked up ) – This documentary series take us to jail a place that no teen girl wants to be. This series is an eye-opening emotional roller coaster ride into the lives of some teen girls struggling with a wide verity of problems . It is a wild ride as you cheer them on through their ups and downs and some even return back home .
Ok now let’s get to the list and we are going to go backwards !
5. Nailed It – This new series is great if you are looking to watch something that is fun and light-hearted . Yes, it is a baking show but it is a baking show were everyday people try to recreate professional cakes and other baked goods . It is a fun and simple show that would be perfect for families to watch together .
4.Fuller House – One of America’s favorite sitcom families returns for a fun and laugh filled reboot of the classic show . With DJ. as a widow and a mom of three boys she is back in her childhood home along with Kimmy and Stephanie who have come to help her raise her three boys . Kimmy also brings her teen daughter with her . Creating a whole new generation of kids growing up in the house we all know and love . Now this show did take me longer to watch then some others on this list so I wouldn’t recommend it for binge watching but it a fun family show with plenty of laughs to go around .
3. Green house academy – This may look like a run of the mill teenage drama at first glance but it so much more than that ! It is a thrilling and exciting mystery as we watch two siblings struggle to adjust to a new boarding school and discover the truth of what really happened to their mother . This show that had me hooked quickly and kept surprising me with almost every episode . If you have time to binge watch this might be just the show you are looking for .
2. Free Rein – This show reminds me a lot of the saddle clubs show that I used to watch in my pre teen and early teen years . It is must for horse lovers and mystery lovers alike . The show focuses on a young teen girl discovering her love for horses but she soon discovers that there is more than ridding lessons going on at the stable by her grandpa’s house . It can move slow at times but overall it is a wonderful story that is addicting once you get in to it . If you enjoyed the Saddle Club this is a show you should take a look at .
- Lost and Found music studios – This show is amazing and I really hope there is another season . This show focuses on a music studio for teens wh are exploring a career in the music industry . This show has a lot of focus on following your dreams . It is pretty fast paced and easy to watch . It has many different story lines to keep your attention and will have you cheering on the success of the lost and found kids!
I hope you all enjoyed this top five list happy Netflix watching !
Rock on – Christina Epperly