Hello ,my bucket list friends and happy late Valentine’s day ! On Valentine’s day I posted a video on my YouTube channel ( you can Watch it HERE) in the video I listed my top 5 reasons why it is amazing to be single . I wanted to publish a blog post to go along with my video but my laptop decided to die so I was unable to get the post up until now ,so without further delay here is my blog post on why it is amazing to be single !
5 reasons why it is amazing to be single !
- Freedom – When you are single it is easier to make big or sometimes even small life choices . If you get an opportunity to move away and work your dream job or go on a long-term trip in another country it is a lot easier to say yes when you are single . When you are in a relationship you make life choices together . Being single allows you to make choices independently.
- Self discovery – When you are single you have more time and energy to focus on growing as a person . When you are with someone so much time is put into working on your relationship that sometimes people don’t have the opportunity to explore who they are . This can cause people to grow apart and can even end relationships. Being single gives you the time to really discover who you are and decide what you want out of life.
- Way less Drama – When you’re single there tends to be less stress to deal with . Some people who are in relationships are always arguing about something . Getting in to disagreements is apart of life but it seems to happen more to people who are in relationships . I like living a low stress life and being single makes that easier to accomplish.
- Less obligations – In a relationship there are a lot of obligations such as buying gifts for birthdays and valentines day , celebrating your anniversary, remembering when all those dates are , having two families to spend holidays with and pressure to return phone calls and texts as soon as possible . When your single you usually don’t have to decide where to go for holidays and there are less dates to remember and less gifts to buy .
5. Growing your circle of friends – Being single gives you more time and desire to meet new people and explore your interests . When your single you have more time to grow your circle of friends and you don’t have to worry about your partner disapproving who you chose to hangout with .
So, there you have it my top 5 reasons why it is amazing to be single . Wether you are single or in a relationship I hope you are enjoying it !
Rock on – Christina Epperly
Hello, my bucket list friends! August is flying by so I thought I would write one more personal blog post before I start a new comfort zone buster next month . In the blog post MY OCD story I wrote about growing up with undiagnosed OCD and my discovery that I really did have OCD. In this blog post I’m going to write about how my life is today. Hold on tight and here we go!
Realizing that I had OCD changed my life for the better, I became much more aware of what was going on with me and why I made some of the choices I had in the past. I’m on medication now and it helps but I still have my struggles. OCD does not have a cure but as time goes by I learn more and more about how to manage my condition. One of the most important things that I had to do was to separate myself from my OCD. I had to realize that OCD was something that I had not who I was. As I wrote about in the MY OCD story blog post, OCD had a very negative impact on me and those around me growing up. I know now that I’m a stronger and more understanding person because of the trials I faced back then but there was one more thing that I had to do to truly grow and become an even stronger person. It was not easy and it took time to even realize that I needed to do it. I had to forgive myself. Before I knew I had OCD I allowed it to control a lot of my actions. It caused me to make bad choices and to hurt others. I had to realize that this was not who I really was and that in order to be my best self I had to forgive myself for the things that happened in the past and move forward with confidence. OCD is present in my life daily, the unwanted thoughts are still there and I have good days and bad days . Somedays my OCD drives me crazy other days I’m able to brush It off and focus on enjoying the day. I’m not perfect by any means and I’m always going to be learning and growing. When It comes to OCD I still have work to do I hope to be able to get therapy in the future to help me to have more good days then bad ones. There are many things that set off my OCD and I know I need to gain more control, but I have come such a long way since childhood and even since finding out that I had OCD . I’m very proud of myself for the progress that I have made and even on the bad days . I’ve very blessed to have a wonderful support system and to have my faith in God without those things I doubt I would be the kind, confident, and creative person that I am today . Thank you for reading feel free to ask any questions in the comments below. Rock on – Christina Epperly